Norlaila Binti Mohd Zanuri
B.Sc. (Biotechnology), Universiti Malaya, Malaysia.
M.Sc. (Aquatic Biology and Resource Management),University of Exeter, United Kingdom.
Ph.D. (Marine Science), Newcastle University, United Kingdom [Thesis title: The effects of environmental contaminant sand ocean acidification on reproductive success of marine invertebrates]
Marine Pollution/ Ecotoxicology
My name is Norlaila Binti Mohd Zanuri, a marine biology scientist and currently work as a senior lecturer at Centre for Marine and Coastal Studies (CEMACS), Universiti Sains Malaysia (USM). I have broad research interest which are at the interface between marine ecology and toxicology (ecotoxicology), with a particular focus on pollutions. Specific interests include: (a) Ocean Acidification (b) Microplastic (c) Organic Contaminants, and (d) Metals looking on their effects to marine ecosystem.
I pride myself as a fesh, energetic and positive environmentalist that loves a healthy, beautiful natural and safe environment. Likes to involved in volunteer environmental works such as beach cleaning, go green campaign, no plastics campaign and tree planting campaign. With self motto 'One small action for sustainable future, love your Earth' I believed everyone can contribute to protect and improving our environment for the sake of future generations.
Current Research / Ongoing Project
1. The abundance and distribution of plastic and microplastic on selected waterbody at Northern region of Starits of Melaka.
2. The effect of ingestion and reproductive success of microplastic on selected marine invertebrates.
3. The effects of ocean acidiication and trace metal on multiple generation on multiple generation of selected marine invertebrates.
- Gallagher, J.B., Nilamani, N & Mohd Zanuri, N.B. 2019. Commentary on Sequestering Atmospheric CO2 Emission. Geosciences, 9, 90.
- Mohd Zanuri, N.B., Bentley, M.G., Caldwell, G.S. 2018. Cadmium and Copper effects of reproductive success on selected marine invertebrates. Proceeding of the 11th IMT-GT UNINET conference 2018, Penang, Malaysia: School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11-12 December 2018.
- Lim Er Vin, norhanis Mohd Razalli, Nithiyaa Nilamani, Norlaila Mohd Zanuri, Zulfigar Yasin & Aileen Tan Shau Hwai. 2018. Abundance and distribution of plastic debris at Pulau Songsong, Kedah in the Northern Starits of Melaka. Proceeding of the 11th IMT-GT UNINET Conference 2018, Penang, Malaysia: School of Biological Sciences, Universiti Sains Malaysia, 11-12 December 2018
- Mohd Zanuri, N.B., Bentley, M.G., Caldwell, G.S. 2017. Asessing the Impact of Diclofenac, Ibuprofen and Sildenafil Citrate (Viagra) on fertilisation biology of Broadcast spawning marine invertebrates. Marine environmental Research, 127: 126-136
- Mohd Zanuri, N.B., Caldwell, G.S., Bentley. M.G., 2012. Nonylphenol threaten the reproductive success of marine invertebrates. Proceeding of the 8th International Conference on Marine Technology (MARTEC 2012), Terengganu, Malaysia. 20-22 October 2012.
- Academic Staff Training Scheme (ASTS) scholarship for pursuing Ph.D Degree at Newcastle University, UK from Universiti Sains Malaysia and Ministry of Higher Education (KPT), Malaysia.
- Academic Staff Training Scheme (ASTS) scholarship for pursuing M.Sc Degree at University of Exeter, UK from Universiti Sains Malaysia and ministry of Higher Education (KPT), Malaysia.
- Best Oral Presentation for International Conference on Humanities, Social Sciences, Science and Technology 2011 (ICHSST ’11).
- Best Stage 1 Oral Presentation for Marine Science Division on School of Marine Science and Technology Postgraduate Research Conference 2010.
- Certificate for Teaching Higher Level Education United Kingdom Part A 2010, Newcastle University, United Kingdom.